Avondale Road Reconstruction — Phase 1
Garbage collection will return to normal beginning Wednesday, December 14, 2022. Dumpsters at the side streets will be removed. Wednesday, December 14, 2022, is the last day for compost collection this year.
- Reconstruction of Avondale Road between Henry Ruff and Eastern.
- Avondale will be closed to through traffic for the length of the project
- Anticipated Start: March 2022
- Anticipated Completion: December 2022
- Project includes:
- New concrete roadway
- New sidewalks and accessible ramps
- New water main
- New storm sewer
- Sanitary sewer repairs
- Posted detour will use Henry Ruff, Cherry Hill, and Inkster Rd.
- Residents will have access to their homes during construction, except when concrete is being placed.
- Large construction vehicles will not be allowed on any streets aside from Henry Ruff, Avondale, Middle Belt, and Inkster Rd.
- Water Main replacement may cause water to become brown/cloudy. If this happens, run faucets until water runs clear.
Will my trash still be picked up?
- Yes. Trash pick-up will remain unchanged
Will I still get my mail?
- Yes. Mail delivery will remain unchanged.
Can I park on the street?
- No. Street parking will not be allowed while construction is happening. Residents will need to park in their driveways or a nearby side street for the duration of the project.
Will I still be able to get to my house?
- Yes. All homes will have access except for when concrete is being placed. Residents will receive notification before new concrete is placed. New concrete driveways cannot be driven on for five days after placement.
Will my water service be interrupted?
- Yes. Water services will be briefly interrupted when they are connected to the new water main. Residents will receive a notification about when their service is expected to be interrupted. Residents are encouraged to run their water for 5—10 minutes after service is restored.