NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
FOR AMENDMENTS TO THE ZONING ORDINANCE
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, pursuant to the Michigan Zoning Enabling Act, Public Act 110 of 2006, as amended, the City of Inkster Planning Commission will hold a public hearing on Monday, January 27, 2020, 6:30 p.m. in the Inkster City Hall Council Chamber, located at 26215 Trowbridge, Inkster, Michigan, 48141. The Planning Commission will consider proposed text amendments to the City’s Zoning Ordinance pertaining to Social Clubs.
NOTICE IS FURTHER GIVEN that the purpose of the public hearing is to hear and consider amendments to the Zoning Ordinance that would have the following effect:
- In §155.036 “Schedule of Land Uses, Public, Quasi-Public Land Use Types”, make “Private clubs, fraternal organizations, and lodge halls” a special land use in the B-2, B-3, and TCD districts, and a permitted land use in the M-1 district.
- In §155.046 “B-2 Thoroughfare Mixed-Use District”, make “Private clubs, fraternal organizations and lodge halls” a special land use and remove the location restrictions for this use and for theaters and assembly halls.
- In §155.048(B) “M-1 Light Industrial District, Principal Uses Permitted”, remove the location restrictions for private clubs, fraternal organizations, and lodge halls.
- In §155.049(B) “TCD Town Center District, Principal Uses Permitted”, remove the location restrictions for theaters and assembly halls.
- Deletion of “§ 155.218 Theaters, Assembly Halls, Concert Halls, Clubs and Similar Organizations” and associated location restrictions.
NOTICE IS FURTHER GIVEN, that complete text of zoning ordinance amendments will be available for review at the Inkster City Clerk Office, which is located at 26215 Trowbridge, Inkster, MI, 48141 beginning Thursday, January 9, 2020. All meetings of the City of Inkster Planning Commission are open to the public. You are invited to attend this meeting. Persons unable to attend the public hearing may send their comments in writing to the attention of the City of Inkster City Planner, 26215 Trowbridge, Inkster, Michigan, 48141. Comments will be received through 12:00 Noon, January 27, 2020. Information may be obtained from the Planning and Community Development Department at 313.563.9760.
The City of Inkster will provide necessary reasonable auxiliary aids and services, such as signers for the hearing impaired and audio tapes of printed materials being considered at the public hearing, to individuals with disabilities upon written notice being received at least five business days prior to the public hearing. Individuals with disabilities requiring auxiliary aids or services should contact the City of Inkster at 313.563-9770.
Felicia Rutledge, Inkster City Clerk
PUBLISH BY: January 10, 2020