SEMCOG and the Michigan Fitness Foundation (MFF) are offering a Safe Routes to School (SRTS) regional training in Detroit. The training will consist of a small group, hands-on sessions designed to help you build or sustain an SRTS project and presentations meant to share best practices and success stories from some of Michigan's most innovative projects. Breakout session topics include:
- Navigating the Planning Process
- Navigating the Application Process
- Students at the Center: Youth Engagement and Leadership with SRTS
- Building Sustainable District-Wide SRTS Programs
- Asset Mapping: From Resources to Volunteers
- Diversify and Amplify: Leveraging Partnerships to Strengthen Your Program
Who should attend?
This workshop is recommended for school champions, award recipients, principals, school transportation officials, planners, and road authorities who want to dive deeper into the SRTS movement. It is free of charge to SEMCOG members and partners, however, registration is required as space is limited.
Questions about this SEMCOG University? Contact Jenya Abramovich, SEMCOG, or Colleen Synk, MFF.