- Human Resources
The City of Inkster Human Resources Department is responsible for a comprehensive human resource program, including the recruitment of qualified applicants into a diverse workforce; employment and orientation services; retirement processing; administration of employee benefits; pre-payroll administration and processes for employees; policy development and administration; job classification, compensation, and labor market research; employee relations; employee assistance programs; maintenance of personnel records; maintenance of the City of Inkster personnel database, and the administration of performance evaluation programs and the staff employee grievance process. Through strategic partnerships and collaboration, the Human Resources Department recruits develop, and retains a high-performing and diverse workforce and foster a healthy, safe, and productive work environment for employees, their families, departments, and the public in order to maximize individual and organizational potential and position for the City of Inkster as an employer of choice. For most employees, many of these matters are determined through the collective bargaining process. The Human Resources Department is committed to providing high-quality service to all prospective, current, and past employees and to treating such individuals with respect, good care, and individual attention from their first inquiries about position vacancies, services, and programs, through retirement. By making this commitment to the City of Inkster and its customers, the Human Resources Department will be able to maintain its high level of mutual trust and respect.
The City of Inkster Human Resources Department affirms these business principles:
- Promote Honesty, Integrity, and Trust: We honor our commitments and conduct business in a manner that promotes fairness, respect, honesty, and trust.
- Celebrate Teamwork: We encourage the diversity of thoughts, experiences, and backgrounds and celebrate participation and partnership in all of our endeavors.
- Encourage Communication: We solicit the input of others and strive for transparency and inclusiveness.
- Focus on Our Customers: We have a passion for service and are committed to knowing our customers’ business, anticipating their needs, and exceeding expectations.
- Embrace Change and Innovation: We are open to possibility and foster creativity and risk-taking to support continuous improvement.
- Champion Employee Development: We are committed to maximizing the potential of every individual and supporting and promoting the City of Inkster as a learning organization.
- Model Leadership: We lead by example and advocate equitable treatment in our behaviors, policies, and practices.
- Produce Quality Results: We believe those we serve to deserve excellent service, a safe, productive, and healthy work environment, and quality results.
What We Do:
Human Resources Department is responsible for the administration of our various union contracts; the recruitment, selection, and placement of qualified applicants; employee benefits administration; employee training and development; and policy development and administration. The mission of the City of Inkster Human Resources Department is to provide quality human resource services to the public and to all City Departments.
Join Our Team: The City of Inkster is committed to recruiting talent and fostering valued skill sets.
For Currently Offered Job Opportunities:
- Go to cityofinkster.com > Create an Account > Sign In > ’Doing Business’ > ‘Job Opportunities’ > Select ‘Apply Online’ for desired job opportunity > Complete the Online Job Application profile > (Save after each step): Login/Email, Contact, Personal, Education, Military, Employment, References, Upload Documents (upload your resume and any credentials relevant to the position) > under ‘Actions’, select ‘Submit Application'.
- Your application and documents have been successfully submitted!
For General Employment Application:
- Go to cityofinkster.com > ’Doing Business’ > ’Forms, Permits, Applications’ > found under ‘Human Resources’ select the pdf link ‘Employment Application (PDF)’. Print and complete the employment application, and be sure to fill all fields clearly and to the best of your knowledge.
- You may email a scanned copy, mail, or physically deliver the completed employment application to the City of Inkster Human Resources Department.
- Email Scanned Copy: email@example.com
- Mail/Drop-Off: 26215 Trowbridge St., Inkster, MI 48141
- Printer-Friendly City of Inkster Personnel Policy Manual (PDF)
- City of Inkster Sexual Harassment Policy (PDF)
- Title VI Plan (PDF)