Department of Public Services
Yard Waste Curbside Pick-Up Current Schedule
Compost beginning the 1st week of April on a consistent basis tells the end of May. Second, beginning the 1st week of June to the end of October, compost is on a bi-weekly schedule with routes being identified as routes A and B, please refer to the compost schedule located in your Inkster calendar for your route in either A or B. Lastly beginning the 1st week of November to the end of November, compost begins on a weekly schedule. For any further questions or concerns please refer to our office number at 313-563-9774.
Please be aware:
Please help keep sewer drains clean and free of debris.
The Plan identifies goals, objectives, and strategies to address key issues affecting the city’s parks and recreation system. Read on...
The contractor will begin Paving the road and sidewalks starting from Henry Ruff, moving east, on Monday, November 28, 2022. All cars parked on the street are to be moved before 6:00 am on Monday, November 28, 2022. Read on...
2022 Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Collection EventsWayne County is resuming large-scale household hazardous waste (HHW) collection events in 2022.
- Taylor HHW event - 10/15/2022 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Wayne County is now also offering a recycling voucher program to Wayne County residents. This pilot program will allow residents to dispose and recycle of their household hazardous waste five days a week at our contractor's Livonia site. Please call 734-326-5708 or email email@example.com to request your free voucher. Note that supplies are limited and vouchers are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please click here to view the HHW flyer.
In the meantime, there are other resources available for you to manage your waste materials:
You can download our "Wayne County Recycles" app from Google Play or the App Store. It provides options for the safe disposal of a wide variety of household hazardous waste and electronic waste items.
- An online version of our application can be found on our website here. At the bottom of the page, you will see the "Resource Recovery Guide" where you can type in the name of an item and receive safe disposal options.
- Our processing contractor, Environmental Recycling Group in Livonia, accepts residential drop-off of HHW by appointment for a fee.
You can call them at 734-437-9650.
Goals and Objectives
Solid Waste Program
- Provide regulatory oversight of solid waste facilities within Wayne County to minimize the impact to residents and the environment.
- To minimize the impact of Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) by providing information on proper disposal and by hosting HHW collection events throughout Wayne County.
- Provide assistance to communities and community groups looking for help in preventing illegal dumping.
- Increase the awareness of the need for recycling of waste materials as a means of reducing reliance on landfills.
Soil Erosion Program
- Provide regulatory oversight of earth change activities in Wayne County communities under our jurisdiction to minimize the impact to residents and the environment.
- Provide timely review and issuance of Soil Erosion permits to applicants to prevent an undue burden on communities and developers during the construction and development process.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact Department of Public Service at 313-563-9774.
Wayne County 24-hour Hotline 1-888-223-2363
For Landfill, illegal dumping, soil runoff from construction sites and other solid waste related complaints
EGLE Pollution 24-Hour Emergency Alerting System (PEAS)
To report spills, releases or other environmental emergencies involving:
Air, Land, Water, Groundwater, Wetlands, Public Drinking Water
The City of Inkster is located in the Rouge River Watershed and a member of the Find Alliance of Rouge Communities organization.The organization supports cooperation between the member communities and residents towards meeting water quality requirements of the Clean Water Act. More information regarding activities and resources can be found on their website.